Thursday 2 June 2011

~My Inspirations and Aspirations!~

I feel people are always inquiring to artists of any genera (music, sculptural, writers...) what inspires them? What truly drives them to create what and how they do... For me I always feel as though it's not such a narrow spectrum. I mean I could say my mum inspires me, but I mean I find it difficult to narrow it down like  that, I find that everything inspires me from the look on my kittens face in the morning to the sound of the wind blowing in the trees. I suppose life inspires me everything in it, I find people and their quirks very entertaining and they do tend to influence my work, the little things I suppose hold the most magic to me not what is done but how. How someone expresses love, gratitude or compassion the way they have come to be as a human is fascinating so many influences make up every living being, it's most obvious in humans I suppose but I must say my kitty cats definitely have distinct personalities. Sometimes I think about the stories Keiko or Juniper (my kitties) might tell if they had a chance to speak in english, would they talk about the spider that was mocking them earlier that day or would they tell stories that go back centuries in cat history so ingrained in their dna they can't help but share the tails. Life is such a intriguing  thing I mean there is so much going on all the time I often get overwhelmed with the beauty and magic that we are constantly surrounded by. The cycle of life and death are very curious too I mean the circle seems endless, life and death through and through I wonder if there is a way to get off that train? Or is this one existence our only chance to enjoy this planet and everything in it and on it and around it? Life purposes so many questions.... I suppose I'm inspired by the unknown, having the understanding that everything I perceive is through my own lens of perception, I guess I am trying to  understand life through my own appreciation of it's beauty. I believe art is a journey and creativity is at the heart of every soul, it is a tool we can use to help each other see through each others eyes to help the planet be loved and respected and help us be compassionate to others experiences and beliefs. I am inspired to help people appreciate their own beauty and magic.

Something that often breaks my heart is when someone says they are not artistic or creative... I believe that every soul is creative for our very existence depends on it, the way one views the world is a creative process the way one moves is a creative process any form of communication or interaction or lack there of is creative, they way you say hello the way you wear your clothes. I suppose my biggest aspiration is to help those realize that we are the creators and whether you feel as though you are artistic or not, to come to the realization that everyone and every living thing is and has the power to change thats the magic of the physical world we can take anything and turn it into something useful or beautiful, whether  it be our experiences or a piece of wood. I hope to help people realize their own godly nature, as I believe we are all powerful creators with more potential then we have yet to exude, to the future of empowered creative beings on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment