Wednesday 1 June 2011

~A Litttle History~

Ever since I was a little kid I was into nature collecting bugs, investigating animal tracks and getting lost in the forest. This was my inspiration, I was always creating something ever since I was wee, I loved painting, drawing and playdough, I mean who didn't. I know in my heart of hearts art and expression of emotion, soul and other worldliness is an important part of my job in this life, so I will give it my all and see where it takes me!

 I recall my first introduction to fimo my main medium these days, I was probably 7ish, and my mum wanted to make christmas elves! I am so lucky to have such a magickal mum! But my first real inspiration with fimo happened much later in grade 5, I was going on the french exchange to Quebec and I was going to meet my partner finally after months of writing back and forth. One evening while chatting with her family she pulls out this enormous bag of little clay figures and pendants and all sorts of magickal things and I was awe struck! So my partner Cynthia showed me how she made some of her pendants and little critters, and let me tell you I was hooked! I was soo thrilled with this medium that I ended up making plenty of little critters. When I went to school I would perch myself on the highest part of the bleachers and use it as a booth for my little shop! I would place all my little creations along the benches and sell them to the other kids at recess! I was an entrepreneur in grade 5! So that was the beginning of my obsession with fimo! I feel like the business aspect came more naturally and freely when I was younger now I find myself struggling to feel okay with the concept and the morals behind business today. But all I know for sure is that I would rather be making my art then working for the man in some other way so here goes, let's see if i can fly!

I was always enchanted with mythical creatures and magickal realms, I don't know whether it was escapisim or just seemed too real to not be real. So I spent my days dreaming of finding dragon eggs or being stolen into other worlds by little winged people, the good people. I feel in some ways I was captured, I mean I've never been able to function in one of those normal everyday jobs, I just cant wrap my head around it especially on a set schedule with the same people and the same actions and duties day in and day out, everyday. I need more creative freedom I need to beable to be on my own schedule. I find it to easily feel trapped by others rules expectations and beliefs. So that being said I believe I finally have found a path I think I can follow, at least for now.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome history Aislinn! You are on the right path.

    ReplyDelete