Wednesday 1 June 2011

~My First Show!~

So I've been creating for years now but finally got enough stuff together to feel as though I could at least fill a table! I decided to start small just as a trail to see how I liked markets and what have you. Now I could have probably started with something more up my ally as I took part in the Fernwood Swap n' Shop in Febuary. Not only was it more of a flea markety type venue and set up (people coming to spend a few dollars and get arms full of stuff) it was also the big football weekend (not being a crazy sports fan I didn't even realize until I got there and started chatting people up). Although dispite the fact it wasn't exactly the ideal market I managed to make it out ok due to my last minute plans to whip up cupcakes and cookies which were an amazing success. So after that realization that it wasn't an ideal market for me I decided I would wait for more fitting events. But all in all it was still a fun experience and all the people who organized the Swap n' Shop were good people  and I have more of a feel for sitting at a booth with all my stuff and it's still and interesting experience selling things you make directly to your customers, magical and intimidating. I am excited for more future experiences!
  My first set up! didn't turn out too badly? I did get a lot of really flattering feedback too which is pricelessly inspiring! There was this darling little girl who told me " You are reallly good at your art!" "Did you make all of those yourself?" I was just beside myself I almost wanted to cry!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog Aislinn. How about a post telling us what inspires your artwork? About what types of mediums are your most favored? I have been blogging since about 2003 I think and have several blogs, though only maintain two at the moment. Keep on blogging!

    ReplyDelete